I found the quote above on You Tube in response to somebody who was angered by a simply-stated fact about black people. This person claimed that the stated fact proved that black people are still being oppressed and that racism is still a prominent issue in America. The first thing that came to my mind after reading this was "oh man!". Really though... What kind of a conclusion are you supposed to draw from those three statements?
The first thing that has to be asked is, "well why is Africa still ... ?" Is it that they are deprived of money? food? how about the means to educate themselves? I mean what is it?! Could it be that they just don't have enough time to learn or educate themselves because they are too busy surviving? I have no idea...
For now I will just stop there because I can tell that I will just get into huge trouble with what I say because I can't explain my thoughts to the full extent unless I am in person. This is one of those things that I would love to talk about with someone for hours. This provided they were objective and didn't get offended, but instead just wanted to find the truth.
Oh well...
Later,
Daniel
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment