Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An Excuse To Listen To Music

That's what this post is... I just can't stop listening to music right now and it's almost 2 in the AM. I am currently listening to the incredibly simple yet satisfying chord changes of "She's Got A Way" by Billy Joel.

Tomorrow (ahem... today) I have the second test(s) of my EMT class. There is a practical test and a written test encompassing all the information regarding 'airway'. This is extremely important because YOU NEED TO BREATH TO LIVE! But obviously you knew that... And of course if you aren't breathing than I need to help you! The tools EMTs use to create/maintain a stable airway range from oropharyngeal/nasopharyngeal airways, and suctioning devices, to oxygen (big one!), non-rebreather masks, and nasal cannulas.

Lucky for me I was already certified in Oxygen (O2) Administration by the Red Cross when I took my Emergency Response class with Steven over the summer. This definitely gave me an edge up. Not only that, but O2 administration has very mechanical steps which are easy for me to remember. Sometimes when you are in the moment, though, you can tend to forget what to do! That's why you have to be focused...

On all my last tests I have scored a 100%: the best in the class as far as the written portion goes. I am hoping to maintain an edge throughout the course in order to get a beaming recommendation for a firefighting position. Wish me luck! I feel confident and I have studied well so no worries, right? We'll see...

Anyways... I have to get to bed! That is, if I can ever get this music out of my head.

Goodnight,
Daniel

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I like Billy Joel too. I've been cruising youtube to listen and look at some oldie but goodies....
Electric Light Orchestra, Pink Floyd, Queen.