These were the views of Cooper Lake, where Steven, his brother Kurt, and I went camping this last weekend. It was cold, but manageable. This was actually the second time that Steven and I had been there (we won't discuss the first time, it was a disaster! haha).
It is hard to see the details in the pics above because I had to shrink them. Email me if you would like the entire pictures. It is a very picturesque lake up there in the mountains and all. Our campsite was pretty simple and there were only a couple other people there. It was nice because we were able to spread out far enough that we were pretty much never bothered by the other people.
We tried to fish, but that was unsuccessful. I think we really need to get out towards the center in order to have a good chance of catching anything. Although, another guy was fishing on the shore. I don't think he caught anything, but he was in a better spot than us.
We cooked hotdogs over the fire with our extender pole things. They turned out really, really good I would say. Haha... Steven realized that he didn't buy 'hotdog' buns but instead bought hoagie (sp?) buns. They worked out fine. In the future, I am going to work on saving enough money to buy myself a tent and some better gear.
It was a great time and I can't wait to go camping again, this time in a new spot that we have never been to. I better catch a fish next time! I also have to make a note to myself that my first car needs to be a truck, definitely.
It is hard to see the details in the pics above because I had to shrink them. Email me if you would like the entire pictures. It is a very picturesque lake up there in the mountains and all. Our campsite was pretty simple and there were only a couple other people there. It was nice because we were able to spread out far enough that we were pretty much never bothered by the other people.
We tried to fish, but that was unsuccessful. I think we really need to get out towards the center in order to have a good chance of catching anything. Although, another guy was fishing on the shore. I don't think he caught anything, but he was in a better spot than us.
We cooked hotdogs over the fire with our extender pole things. They turned out really, really good I would say. Haha... Steven realized that he didn't buy 'hotdog' buns but instead bought hoagie (sp?) buns. They worked out fine. In the future, I am going to work on saving enough money to buy myself a tent and some better gear.
It was a great time and I can't wait to go camping again, this time in a new spot that we have never been to. I better catch a fish next time! I also have to make a note to myself that my first car needs to be a truck, definitely.
Later,
Daniel
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment