To begin with, I missed my first two classes because my alarm was set for PM instead of AM. At least I got more sleep I guess. Then, at 3:45pm I went to a Red Cross JARCA meeting "downtown" (less than a mile from my place). I got there and the receptionist said that I was an hour early. The email said 4:00pm! "Whatever... I'll just walk around." I hit Boogie Man Music (love that place!), a really awesome book store, ACE ("The helpful place"), and the pet store (basically a free trip to an under-funded zoo). I eventually went back to the meeting at 5:00. Umm... The meeting started at 4:30. Wow... Thanks a lot lady! It didn't matter that much because the first hour was just meet and greet anyways.
Little did I know, it was only going to get worse.
After I went to this incredibly boring fake concert thing that was required for my music class I went to the student union building to buy myself some dinner and some small groceries. First of all, the concert was a DVD of Miles Davis who is well known as the best trumpet player ever next to Louis Armstrong and "Dizzy" Gillespie. Personally, I can't stand his style, but whatever. John Scofield was his band's guitarist (at least for that concert) and I didn't like his style either. He is pretty well known as well though.
Anyways, like I was saying, I went to the student store over there to get some small groceries. I got some more milk, some mac & cheese, some Ritz crackers, and some sharp cheddar squeeze cheese. Don't get on me for my super healthy diet now! Haha... From the classroom and store it is about a 5 to 10 minute walk north. Right when I left the store, I knew the bag would break because the dude put all that stuff into one bag. I put my worries into the back of my head as I turned towards home.
I was halfway home when the bag broke. Imagine that! Haha... So I inevitably looked like a complete idiot in the middle of the walkway picking up my stuff and filling my pockets. By this point, I'm thinking, "I knew this would happen, but it's not a big deal... Just get home, it's dark and it's freezing out here."
I get the rest of the way home and reach for my keys........ My Keys........ MY KEYS! "They're gone! Well crap... Did they fall out of my pocket when I dozed off at that concert. I did have to sit pretty weird in those chairs to be comfortable. I didn't leave them in the car, did I? I just drove it to the Red Cross JARCA meeting a little while ago."
I pulled out my Surefire to check my car (it's very dark outside). They were not there. This was unfortunate but better than the alternative. I immediately set my groceries right next to my car and started a brisk walk back to the classroom. It was like a refrigerator outside anyways, so I wasn't worried about spoilage.
I finally got to the class room in record time. I checked my seat, the seats next to mine, even the next row down and they were not there! This either means someone saw that I left them and took them (for good or bad reasons), or I left them at my place when I left earlier today. I was sure that they just wouldn't fall out of my pocket at any other times than these.
I knocked and rang, but no one answered and my roommate was out. I tried to break in. I would have been successful if I had a screwdriver. I tried to improvise with some stuff, but was unsuccessful. That took me a little while. I then walked around and tried to think of something else to do.
I eventually went to the apartment of the head-people, I don't know what you call them. They are like part-time student managers that have to deal with all the crap that normal managers don't want to deal with. I rang and nobody answered, even though it was within their office hours! Ugh... They did have a sign up that listed a bunch of phone numbers though. I walked to someplace warm and eventually called the on-call manager. She sounded hot, but that's another topic. Finally, all I had to do was wait!
I set my bag down and put my groceries into it to avoid the inevitably awquard moment when she looks down at my random groceries sitting on the ground by my car and I have to think of a good explanation while I can barely talk because my mouth is almost frozen off. I didn't have anything else better to do, so I laid on the hood of my car and watched my breath condense in the air. While I was looking up, I saw a shooting star! That was nice. I haven't seen a shooting star in forever!
I was there for a while getting colder and colder. Then, all of a sudden... Guess who opens the door and comes out! My roommate's friend! What the... I was like "Dude! Are you kidding me?! I knocked; I rang; Thanks a lot!" I called the manager girl and had to turn her away (probably the last bad thing that happened tonight) then stepped inside and picked up my keys, turned on the TV, drank a Mountain Dew, and ate my crackers with squeeze cheese.
Later,
Daniel
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment