Over the past couple of weeks I have been rediscovering my music collection. I have been shining my light on the nicks and crannies of my collection; the songs that I hadn't played for months, the songs that always get looked over, even the songs that I wasn't in the mood for at the time. Certain titles that have captured my interest once again: "Hemorrhage" by Fuel, "Gravity" by John Mayer (heck, a lot of songs by John Mayer), "Only Hope" by Switchfoot, "Lenny" by SRV, "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls, and many many more.
What's more, I haven't just been rediscovering my music, but also adding to it. Many of the songs that I bought recently have been favorites of mine for a while, they just hadn't been added to Napster. Some new songs include "Lie to Me" by 12 Stones, "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw, and some others.
This brings me to my main point... Have you ever listened to a song that is SO amazing that you just crank up the music and literally pray that it fills you up? That is the only way to describe it other than that the song becomes a part of you! I know... deep. But really, this happens to me quite often because almost every song I buy is absolutely amazing.
I just bought the live-in-Birmingham version of "Covered in Rain" by John Mayer and it was unbelievable. Now granted, I already have the concert DVD so I have heard this song over and over, but tonight I rediscovered it. I proceeded to crank it and pray, baby! Ugh... people say there is no perfection, but that right there is damn close.
I was thinking about it, and not many people know what it is like to improvise a solo. Hell, some people don't even know that John Mayer or SRV or Jimi Hendrix or whoever is making something up off the top of his head! Well, it isn't really just making something up; I can't explain it. I haven't been really good enough to ever improvise something great, but every little bit that you can create like that just gives you this amazing feeling. I really think that although I can dream for the song to fill me up, the only way to really achieve this is to be the person soloing. Are you following? I'm kind of confused myself but I think I know what I'm trying to say. It is sad that many of the people in this world will never be able to experience this.
Catch you all later,
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment