Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Family

Oh man... I had an epiphany last week. I really, really want to have a family! Since I have had some time to see the loneliness of living on my own and the pure elation that comes with seeing my family again, I don't think there is anything more important to me. Sure, I want to do so many things in my life. The list already contains becoming a pilot, fixing up an old Chevy, building a plane, traveling the world, learning hundreds of weird skills, and many other things. It is constantly growing, too.

I don't know... I just really want to have a couple kids. I want to take my kids to their grandparents house and be spoiled. I want to watch my wife with my kids. I want to watch them in school and I want to teach them all the quirky things that my dad taught me. I want them to depend on me.

I still want to do all the small stuff, but my priorities have changed.

I saw that movie "Into the Wild" the other day as well. It was a pretty sad movie considering that he never actually found happiness. But his revelation at the end was still valuable, I believe. There definitely is no happiness without people to share it with. I think I had a similar revelation. It sure is good to know that I figured this out before I was 5 minutes from dieing (respectfully)!

Later,
Daniel

No comments: