Friday, October 26, 2007

Life's Pleasures

They teach you when you are little that you should stay away from drugs and alcohol and I completely agree. And for the entirety of my life up till now, that 'rule' has been important to me. For a long time though, there has been this thought in the back of my mind that as long as you abide by the law, and ALWAYS use MODERATION, there should be no problem with exploring these types of things.

I am not trying to be rebellious or anything like that, but I am sincerely interested in trying some of these things. First of all, I do not want to be adventurous in an irresponsible environment. And like I said, as long as there is moderation, I think I will feel comfortable. I mean, if so many people in the world have enjoyed tobacco and alcohol (both in various forms) then there has to be something to it. I think cigarettes are sick because of all the additive type of crap they use, but the main thing that turns me off to anything like that is its overuse. Chain smoking is gross I think, as well as binge drinking. If people are motivated to create amazing vodka or even wine, there must be something to it!

So this brings me to my main point... I am really, really curious about cigars! Call me crazy, but cigars are completely simple, they don't have all these crappy additives, you don't inhale the smoke apparently, and many other interesting things. I would of course never smoke more than one at a time and I would never smoke one for no other reason then to get a buzz or whatever.

Anyways... I am getting to the point where I really want to try this, so I think I am going to ask my parents and see what they think. Unless they have some strong advice saying that I shouldn't, I am going to go out, buy a single cigar that the cigar-person says is a good beginning one, and smoke it by myself (unless someone wants to do it with me. It could be embarrassing! haha). There are many things that appeal to me about this activity; to many to list, but I am not trying to go behind anyones back about this. It is actually kind of embarrassing saying this! I would never have thought I would say this before. The only reason I would go behind anyones back is because of that reason!

So yeah... Just letting everyone know. It is interesting that this will be the 'headline' post for a while so everyone that knows me will come here and see this and think I'm crazy... haha! Oh well, I haven't shared this with anyone but my Grandma anyways (That doesn't make me safe... haha. Love you Grandma!).

Later,
Daniel

No comments: