Sunday, November 25, 2007

10 Songs I Would Be Murdered For Listening To

Well, it has been a while since I've posted anything and this one is certainly a treat (for you). Haha... I am surely going to regret it! But what the hey. In the interest of entertainment and being myself, I'm moving forward. My friends know that I don't care much about what people think and I am pretty confident, so here goes. In no particular order:

  1. "Love Song" by Sara Bareillis - I honestly really, really like this song. The way that the chords build into the AMAZING (and extremely catchy) chorus is just gratifying. I don't think there's much else to say about this song. There are a lot of intricacies that I like about this song.
  2. "Woody's Roundup" by Riders in the Sky - I know Ben wouldn't kill me for this one because he showed it to me! Haha... This one is from the Disney movie Toy Story 2 I think. It reminds me of being a kid I guess. The simple harmonies and the nice violin in the background. The way that the chords build is so awesome. Ahh... It is just a nice song!
  3. "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley - Great song... But I'd still be murdered for listening to it because It's country. I'd say my friends are missing out, simple as that.
  4. "Wait For You" by Elliott Yamin - Another great song... Unfortunately for me it's borderline R&B and a full-bodied Pop. I like the way the beat is as well as the really driving chords. Each phrase increases the 'pressure'.
  5. "Misery Business" by Paramore - Well, the girl can sing. I would describe this as punk rock, that's one strike. I can't get passed the chorus, it is very satisfying. Something about it is very catchy. I definitely won't vouch for the 'skill' of the musicians. Sometimes a song doesn't have to be complex to be good.
  6. "Come A Little Closer" by Dierks Bentley - Completely country, drawl and everything. It is almost sickening. I really like it though. 'Nough said.
  7. "Cupid's Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes - It is the "buh-da-da-da". If you know what I'm talking about, I think you would agree. That is the only part I sing when I'm listening to this song. It is just fun to sing that over and over again. "Buh-da-da-da"...
  8. "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey - Oh boy... I like the harmonies though... Look folks, I don't make this stuff up! Haha... And I can't help what songs I like! What can I say. I'm not going to not listen to something I like because someone thinks something weird about me (without even knowing me, anyways).
  9. "Our Song" by Taylor Swift - The main thing about this song is that it is SO catchy. I mean holy cow... She sounds like a 12 year old, but it is just so catchy!
  10. "On The Way Down" by Ryan Cabrera - I can't stand the guy and I don't even like the song that much but it is nostalgic. It is the song that happened to be playing on the radio when I got my ticket. That was when I was in the 11th grade. It reminds me of a better time I guess.
So there ya go everyone... I have equipped you with enough ammo to make fun of me for years. But like I said: I don't make this stuff up and I can't help what songs I like! Besides, these are pretty much the only songs that fit this category anyways.

Look, I'll get back to you guys later! I hope you all had as great a Thanksgiving as I did.

Goodnight,
Daniel

1 comment:

Steven Hansen said...

Wow...

I don't know what to say. This is very disappointing.

It appears living in Ellensburg has really changed your musical tastes, for the worst.