I have decided that I am going to start putting away money once I get a job so that when you get out of school or get up enough money or whatever it is, we can head out on this great backpacking trip that we've been talking about. I can just imagine how awesome it would be. We would have to figure out where to go, how to get there, and I know that things will go extremely wrong at least once.
I think 6 months is what I would like to aim for. Traveling to/through almost every European country and really having the adventure of a lifetime. It has to be long enough that we forget that we are ever going home, until of course it comes to an end.
In the meantime... I was thinking that we should both get together sometime and actually start planning out our trip. I think we should make a huge list of places and things that we want to see and then start figuring out what we'll have to do to accomplish it. I'm sure we'll have to cross some places off our list, but we should be able to hit most of them. Also, I think we should compile a list of all the languages that we will need to have a brief knowledge of. We can split the list in half and each of us can learn as much as we can about each language so that when we get over there, you or I will be in charge of communication when people are speaking our language. You know what I mean?
We can compile a list of all the resources we might need for wherever we are traveling; where all the hostels are, train stations, airports, etc. This would be good so that we can plan on the fly. If we want to stay an extra day someplace, we can. Anyways... You want to do some of this this weekend? I know it is a long time in the future (I don't think I'll have about $20k anytime soon) but it is so complex that we need to start planning as soon as possible. This will be the craziest trip of our entire lives!
I cannot wait for the day when we are on a train, exhausted, traveling through the middle of Germany or France or England or wherever, just quiet and listening to music on our way to our next destination. The experiences are priceless!
Sound good? Let me know what you think...
Hasta la Vista,
Daniel
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment