Friday, November 9, 2007

My Roommate

He sure is an interesting fellow. I originally had two roommates, Todd and Mark. Todd was actually on a waiting list for an apartment that he had set up, so he ended up having to leave about 3 weeks into the quarter. He was a great guy and I regret not keeping up as well as I should.

So I'm stuck with Mark! That isn't a bad thing i guess, but it isn't a good thing either. He rarely leaves his room but he is a nice guy. We don't have much in common so I don't expect us to become friends or anything. He actually has provided me with some form of entertainment over the past weeks that I've been here. I will hit my two favorite highlights for you...

First, a week before last, he simply walked out of his room, opened the front door, glanced in my direction before stepping out and informed me that he was going on a road trip to Los Angeles so I shouldn't worry. Literally out of nowhere! It reminded me of Groundhog's Day. I was a little taken back by this so I was like "umm... okay, I guess I'll see you later then." And that was it! He was gone for about 6 days I think. Later he told me it was "the craziest weekend of his life." I don't have any doubt about that.

Second, courtesy of Mark, we now have another roommate. Mark had his friend over and they were in his room (you guessed it!) doing whatever they do, watching YouTube videos of cars I think, when he comes out and asks me if I want to see our new roommate. I was like "uh... okay then." He told me to "stay right here", then came out shortly after with a hamster that he has affectionately named "Winston". I was like "what!?" and he told me that he was just $20 at the pet store. He now lives in a box on one of the desks at my place. I will eventually post a picture of him, but he is a shy one, so it is a trick to even get one.

Anyways... I believe he is pretty well taken care of as he has some bedding, a plastic house, a water bottle, and some food. Mark seems to take pretty good care of him, i guess.

Mark doesn't get in my way, in fact he doesn't do all that much of anything that I know about (except I'm pretty sure he smokes pot every once in a while). He seems to be a nice guy and I can't help but laugh to myself when he does the crazy stuff he does. By the way... At this very moment, his friend is over and I can hear weird jet-engine type noises coming from his room, haha... Funny.

Goodnight,
Daniel

No comments: